Believe it or Not...

We are finally going to start HBOT!! We have been talking about it for so long now and trying to figure out what the best way to go would be and we finally made a decision. First, the option of doing it at the Wound Center was ruled out - they couldn't do it because it is considered Off-Label use. That left renting or buying and we decided to rent for the month to see if he is a responder and go from there. It was a tough decision because the $1600 used to rent it for the month is a good amount towards the purchase if it turns out that we should buy one, but we couldn't wait any longer to find out if this therapy is right for him.

Dylan and I took two test dives this week. On Tuesday we went in the chamber and pressurized, stayed in for about 10-15 minutes and then depressurized. He did great! Wednesday we stayed in for an hour and he did great again. He likes it in there and his ears (knock on wood) seemed to be fine. I chewed gum and popped mine A LOT! but I can handle it if it means that my baby boy can get better.

We receive the chamber Sunday evening and plan on doing our first session, then we will get up early everyday and do an hour-and-a-half in the morning and again before bed for a total of 3 hours per day, with a goal of 90-100 hours during the rental period, which we are lucky enough to have for an additional 2 weeks, so we will have the chamber for a total of 6 weeks.

LDN and Chelation are still going fine. Nothing good or bad to report. I hope to have some good things to report about HBOT soon, everybody that prays - PRAY! Everybody else - send good thoughts his way.

No comments: